Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need Spline count info for AT GL-10 Turbo Wagon

Hi. I'm having to replace a front half-shaft on my 1988 GL-10 Turbo wagon. It's a 4-speed AT full-time 4WD. I've read through some of the past postings, but am still slightly confused. From what I've seen it appears that MT Turbos have a 25-spline count on the shaft and AT Turbos have a 23-spline count on the shaft. Is this correct? I'd like to make sure that I'm getting the right one before I go ordering the thing.

Thanks much.

i to own a 88 gl-10 that came with a 4-speed auto. i converted it to the 5speed dr. had to change the axles to smaller ones. never did count the splines and i believe the 25 spline are larger, so my vote will be, yours will have 25 splines.

hope this helps

del

I have a full time 4WD 4speed automatic in my GL. It does in fact have 25 spline stubs. 3speeds have 23. I always end up having to order the axle for the manual tranny turbos. The part stores just don't have enough info about the fulltime 4wd models