Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A Question for the Gurus

What I found; 82 GL wagon,4WD, body is fair no dents or rust, 2" lift, brush bar-engine is toast, crap tires and wheels. and an 82 Sedan, front wheel drive, runs. i havn't seen the sedan.

MY QUESTIONS ARE: Are the engines the same in these two cars? What would be a bargain price for these two cars to resurrect the wagon?

As long as they both have a double barrel hitachi it should fit just fine. Otherwise the intakes will have to be swapped, but in the end an EA81 is an EA81.

the wagon engine is laying in the back, i saw it has a 2bbl weber carb on it.

i was hoping the engines were the same, all i know about the sedan is it's a 109 cid engine. dealing with that one on the phone.

Yes, the engines are the same -- some parts might be different like the carbs or intakes, but the basic engines are the same.

No rust and already lifted, with the new engine for it -- maybe $300 to $800 depending on how much you want to pay. If it were east coast, it would be worth alot more, since there's no rust. But in CA, they're not that rare.

Z

Great, Thanx.

i think i can get the sedan for $100, they're asking $500 for the wagon but i think that's a bit steep. i offered 250, they didn't go for it, so i'll let them sit on it a while, i'd like to get both for 400, that's not a bad price for a toy, after i put it back together.

thank you all, again

Seriously, if anyone is driving back east with an empty flatbed trailer, they could make some money bringing a few rust free subaru's along....

The project for summer '08 is just that. The wife and I have been wanting to travel some of the country. And I have a brother in San Antonio TX, when I was there for his wedding in 05 I saw a couple in good condition along the road trip I made to get there at some side of the road lots.