Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL Sedan Suspension

Hello, I haven't been on here for a while but I have been searching for about 4 hours and can't find the answer. Either it's not here or I am really bad at searching... Anyway, I have a 1985 GL sedan with the air suspension and it is shot. I need to know, if there is anything, what parts are a direct bolt-in replacement for the air struts to replace them with stock coil-overs? I am trying to repair this car so it can be my daily driver. Right now I'm in a Buick Regal... :Flame:(Buick)

I would prefer to have my Suby again... lol. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

theres tons of information on 5-lug which is likely why no one is answering on that one, but from what i understand (i haven't done it myself) is that of all the times to do a five lug...now would be the best because you'll have everything all apart anyway

theres tons of information on 5-lug which is likely why no one is answering on that one, but from what i understand (i haven't done it myself) is that of all the times to do a five lug...now would be the best because you'll have everything all apart anyway

Thank you. That is what I was asking... Sorry it didn't come out like that.

The only thing is I'm not sure if repairing it would be an advantage or just time-consuming with no point... I have had the ignition on several times with the suspension bottomed out (the way it was when I bought it) and the compressor never kicks in. Everything is there but it never starts to fill the struts up. Plus the fact that the struts don't look to be in that good of condition which is why I thought about the conversion. I will have to look again to see if they are good. Thanks for the suggestion though. :) Is there a big difference in the ride compared to stock coil springs?