Ultimate Subaru Message Board

white smoke with weber

just finished my weber swap this morning. working well but heavy white smoke from exhaust and diesel sound when motor turned off. could it be due to wrong installation of pcv hoses?EGR? coolant leaking to carbi or just bad motor. also have a rattling ping sound which I had for a while on and off but now it got worse.

You didn't touch the manifold gaskets did you?

Might be the water passage that leads near the carb on the front of the manifold is leaking through. Or maybe the water choke on the weber is some weird intergrated thing and leaking?? :confused: now I'm just mubbling.

You didn't touch the manifold gaskets did you?

Might be the water passage that leads near the carb on the front of the manifold is leaking through. Or maybe the water choke on the weber is some weird intergrated thing and leaking?? :confused: now I'm just mubbling.

no, I didn't touch the manifold gaskets and I blocked the coolent hole with epoxy

today I removed the carbi and re-sealed the gasket even though I don;t think it leaked, also removed the coolant tube that goes into the intake manifold. removed and checked the pcv valve and checked the oil for water and the water for oil. couldn't see anything wrong and still white smoke. I noticed a new oil leak from the Left head gasket... what do you think?