Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I installed my Drawtite hitch on my 97 Legacy Outback and connected the Drawtite wiring harness to the pigtail on the drivers side rear light but was just wondering if there is an access hole(rubber plug) that you can snake the wires through easily to be near the hitch without tearing my car apart to locate one.

I installed my Drawtite hitch on my 97 Legacy Outback and connected the Drawtite wiring harness to the pigtail on the drivers side rear light but was just wondering if there is an access hole(rubber plug) that you can snake the wires through easily to be near the hitch without tearing my car apart to locate one.

On our 01 OBW I left the pigtail inside the car, and routed it under the gate, careful not to pinch it in the catch when needed. It lasted MUCH longer than any of the ones I left outside the confines of the vehicle. I did it with my Montana too, works nice. My buddy's Montana (outside and older then mine) had to have his whole connection redone twice (by me). Thanks to the road salt they insist on using up here... Had to redo all of my father-in-law's trucks every other year with regularity due to corrosion from salt... That gets expensive after awhile.

If I remember (no longer have the car :( ).....I pulled mine thru an access hole w/a rubber grommet under the rear left side where the pigtail connects.

Dang it - I also did our RAV4 and hope I"m not confusing the two. I had about every piece of molding off the back inside of the RAV to run it.

I know the OB was easier, regardless, and I know it was run to the outside, as I didn't want it getting in the way of the hatch opening/closing.

Good luck!