Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Considering 2007 Forester XT any problems?

I am considering a new 2007 Forester XT. I noticed its a DOHC engine with turbo. Are there any head gasket problems with this engine? Are there other problems/cautions to take into consideration in purchasing the turbo vs. normally aspirated Forester?

Would appreciate any input. Thanks

I am considering a new 2007 Forester XT. I noticed its a DOHC engine with turbo. Are there any head gasket problems with this engine? Are there other problems/cautions to take into consideration in purchasing the turbo vs. normally aspirated Forester?

Would appreciate any input. Thanks

I'll let others comment on the mechanical/reliability issues. For mild humor, I'll offer the following caution regarding purchasing a turbo:

You are human, and like the rest of us, have or will fall short to temptation in the eyes of the law - :burnout:

PA

2005 Outback XT w/40K

Heh.. i agree with PAezb...

speed limits become more of... guidelines than anything else :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything back about the 07 foresters, except the cruise control issue, which is a quick computer fix.

i'm also running an 05' OBXT... stage 1 ;)

:burnout:

Only complaints I've heard are fuel mileage and tickets, both of which may be owner related.

+1 for fuel economy.

Mind you, the MINIMUM octane you can dump into that thing is 91 oct. which isn't really that much more expensive (we did a 1800 mile trip, and it was only $18.00 more than it would have been w/ 87 oct)

now, i've tried lower test gas in it... not a good idea, it runs like crap. You will see an increase in fuel economy w/ the higher test gas in that car, because it's running a higher compression ratio than the non-turbo models.

But then again... with the turbo you'll find yourself using the go-juice a bit more than before... pretty much, if you're going to play, your milage will suck in it :-p

and i don't know how i haven't gotten any tickets w/ the new roo' :burnout: