Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is this a 85-86 knock module?

Can someone tell me if this is a 1985-1986 knock module? It has six wires coming out of it which matches the wiring diagram in the FSM but the connector shown in the FSM shows an eight pin (two rows of four):confused: . Any help is much appreciated.

Stephen

post-11051-136027622277_thumb.jpg

Can someone tell me if this is a 1985-1986 knock module? It has six wires coming out of it which matches the wiring diagram in the FSM but the connector shown in the FSM shows an eight pin (two rows of four):confused: . Any help is much appreciated.

Stephen

What is the part#?

Sorry about that, when I reduced the photo the numbers became unreadable. The first row is "AF191-05", the second row is "C9533", and the last row is "Hitachi, Ltd." None of these numbers matches the official part number from my local Subaru dealer but I didn't think that was too unusual.

Stephen

My diagram show six wires coming out of it. One has another wire spliced to it before it goes tho the connector, and another wire is shielded. It's shielding occupies another spot on the connector. Making 8 total at the plug. Are there 8 pins in the plug? My diagram actually shows a 9 pin plug there but with 8 wires.

would be thewse colors

Black w/red

black w/yellow

Black w/White

White

Green(white and green run inside the shield, and are the signal wires for the knock sensor itself)

Black( grounding for the shield)

Red /Green

Yellow

Mystery solved. After reviewing my manuals again last night, and realizing that this part came off an XT and that the XT modules are not located where the other model modules are located, by checking the wire colors it turns out to be an air conditioner amplifier. Oh well, learned something new. Thanks for the responses.

Stephen