Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lights won't turn off-HELP!

OKay... here's a weird problem. The front corner and rear marker lights on my '89 EA82 wagon won't turn off! The headlights turn on and off with the stalk switch and when the key is turned off as they're supposed to, but the marker lights never go off! Of course, this causes the battery to die after a while and is not a real desirable situation. For the moment, I've pulled the fuse, but this means no driving at night until I figure it out. Anyone else had this problem?

Oh DUH!!!! This is why this forum is so useful. And I'm not new to Subarus-

I've had many since my first one in 1986. I have three now. Makes me feel even stupider!:banghead:

hey, at least you arent paying too much for car insurance, right??

("we all do dumb things...")

Makes me feel even stupider!:banghead:

I dont think you should feel stupid for not knowing about the light switch. Using "stupider" should be a good reason to make you feel stupid though. LOL!

I accidentally flipped that switch while I had my dash apart to wire a switch

(4EAT center lock)and LED. After I was done, the parking lights were on. I tore the dash back apart to find my *mistake*. Only after looking at the wiring diagrahms to try to solve did I see and remember the *kill battery* switch.

Washed up the interior last summer, bucket and rag style. Did the steering collom too. Thought I got water where water shouldn't be or something! Took me a half hour to find the switch ! Apparently I flipped it "on" with the rag.. D'oh!:-p :-p

I did the same thing before work one night. Came back out and the lights were on and I figured that it was the switch since I'd been playing with it on the way to work. I've left lights on for 6+ hours and not killed the battery though, including some driving lights I installed. Gotta love a Subaru!