Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Door Lock Wtfff???

WHY does it come on?

the doors are unlocked

WHAT does it mean?

the doors are not locked

HOW do I get it off?

lock the doors

its there to remind you if any of the doors are not locked, a child-safety feature

Sorta OT. I bought an 88 wagon from Chef_Tim a couple of years ago. When I went to get the car I had gotten off work at 1:00 am drove across SD to TIms, hung out with him and Vicky then headed back home. I was so tired that I kept misreading the door lock light as good luck. I thought it was nice that the car was wishing me well on the trip home.

Sorta OT. I bought an 88 wagon from Chef_Tim a couple of years ago. When I went to get the car I had gotten off work at 1:00 am drove across SD to TIms, hung out with him and Vicky then headed back home. I was so tired that I kept misreading the door lock light as good luck. I thought it was nice that the car was wishing me well on the trip home.

you know you shouldn't drink and drive :drunk:

Seriously?

Then why does it go off sometimes when the doors are unlocked?

And why did it just start happening? Never seen it before...

The sensor that signals the door is locked is a simple switch inside the lock actuator box at each door.

One of the 4 (or five, r.gate 87+) door lock actuators must have a bad switch in it. There should be a way to track down which one. Maybe lock all doors. And if the light goes off, then bang on each door one at a time and see if it flickers or comes on.