Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a question for the pros?!

ok. on to more questions arising..... for those of you who have duals exhaust on ea81 with lifts. how did you run them, seperate or together? thinking run the two in the oringinal routing place or split them adn run seperate ways... im gonna try to make mine to dump out the sides just before the rear tires or just behind the fronts.... just playing with that idea for now.

also, this might be kind of a dumb question to some of you. how do i get the stock bumpers off? their on there pretty good.!?

i always forget the stuff i want to ask, i got more coming thnaks for reading!

I'm not sure what you mean? which bolts broke? I thought the adjuster was held in by the shoes. Are you trying to unbolt the brake cylinder? The shoes are held by little clips and pins through the backing plate. I am confused

Heat. I've never run across a fastener that doesn't change its mind about being stuck once it's been warmed up with a propane torch.

Propane....or MAPP gas. MAPP heats faster (and hotter) I would'nt get HALF of what I set out to fix accomplished.....were it not for that torch!:banana:

the wheel cylinder is on the top of the backing plate, which the hub goes over. there are two sets of notches for the shoes to fit in, and the two pins you refered to, plus the springs. on the bottom backside of the drum, there are bolts to secure it, and has a square bolt with threads on it, thats th adjuster, on eithere sid eof that are bolts to hold in the adjuster. i broke that bolt. flush with the backside of the plate...

I'm not sure what you mean? which bolts broke? I thought the adjuster was held in by the shoes. Are you trying to unbolt the brake cylinder? The shoes are held by little clips and pins through the backing plate. I am confused