Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ radiator into EA body

Sorry, no pictures but I do know whats needed.

If you remove the EA radiator you will see where the front chassis member (bit that the rad bolts to) curves up either side to the chassis rails. You need to cut the curves out and weld in square reinforcing that doesn't intrude on the space.

Are you talking about cutting the corners behind the lower rad mount? I was hoping there is a way to put the EJ rad on top of the rad mount like the EA fits in.C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Cbig%20jim%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5CRadiator%20mounts%5CRadiator%20mounts%20001.jpg

Where the rad sits on the chassis, on the left and right of that beam it curves up, that's what I'm talking about. You have to cut these, you can't just sit it on top of these.

here is a turbo legacy or JDM WRX rad. (they are the same) in my 88 GL with a EJ20G swap!!!

you have to cut some of the rad core support out, then weld on some tabs to hold the bottom of the rad.

GLrad5_tn.jpg

it use to sit in the holes to the left up on the ledge. now it sits in the little holes i made down below on the right.

GLrad2_tn.jpg

GLrad6_tn.jpg

GLrad3_tn.jpg

more pics on my webpage

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

just one question though... why an ej radiator? or do you have a ej motor?
I run dual core EA81 rad with my EJ22. Only time it needs the fans is if it sits still for more then a few minutes, or when I'm reving the hell out of it offroading slowly up a hill. Still, if I had a turbo EJ I would probably upgrade the radiator.

Most people here in Australia just buy a 3 core EA81 aftermarket alloy radiator. But I like my budget modded EA81 version.

• 2 weeks later...