Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i just got myself a 92 tleg to add to my collection, and well she has a few problems so what. the car likes to idle high like 2-3k and sometimes will kick down but she takes her time to do so, but if you turn her off then back on she idles just find till you give it gas again then right back to 2-3k. i tried to test the tps, according to my haynes manual it says to test the 1 and 2 pins but i get nothing at all, i tested 3 and 4 to c what hapens and i get a low reading with the throttle closed and as you open it the resistance increase. is there anything else that i could be over looking that would cause such a problem? a good vacume leak is the only other thing i can really think of or egr but i don't have a vacume pump to test it. what vacume lines would effect the idle like so? all or just a few?

I don't think the turbo cars have egr. But I could be wrong.

Try giving the Idle Air Control a good cleaning. It bolts to the intake manifold near the throttle body, could have some crusty conections. Its just a shot in the dark. I haven't messed much with my 91 t-leg so I'm a newb with that particular motor.