Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My new ride, couldn't let it go to the junkyard

I have a buddy of mine that joined some auction that deals with wrecked cars in the area. He told me about a car that was coming through the auction in the next few weeks.

It's needs some nose work and not sure what else. I didn't get to look at it because they wanted to charge me $35 just to go out with my buddy on a guest pass. So i took his word for it and bought it this morning. Tomorrow I pick it up.:clap:

Touring-Wagon.jpg

Yes ladies and gentlemen that is an 89 touring wagon. In all it's DR glory. You know what's going to look even better on it. Oh the 4" AA lift I just ordered and some mud tires on those pugs.:headbang:

wow. I looked, and looked... and kept asking, "why did he bother buying that, well.. strike that, pugs and a spare engine or driveline is more than worth auction price.. I can understand buying it.. but WHY is he talking about fixing it?!"

Then I read the accompanying text of your post, and only THEN did I see the "raised roof." DUH!!! Touring Wagon!!!

Good score, how much did she cost you?

Plus it's D/R and probably SPFI. Or what would be the way coolest would be MPFI non-turbo.

yup DR and SPFI just the way I like them.

And the grand total after all their BS fees out there,

$380

I am just hoping that the front can be massaged back to being normal again. Not looking for perfection, just better then what it looks like now.

The nice thing is I still have my Loyale sitting in front of my house that will be donating some body panels for a good cause. Just not the same color, oh well.

I'm just not a body guy, so I will see what I can do. I hope i can bring the front back to life. The rest of the car is in really good shape.

That is a hell of a car, just to bad you didnt want so i could have picked it up instead. Damn you. That thing is going to rock when your done. Then we can both roll in our AA lifted 89 wagons.

yeah like you got the room for any more cars

well it's here. all in one piece. My first assessment of the whole thing is if I could just chop the nose of another car off and put it on here it would be one of the cleaner wagons I have seen.

Couple things I noticed. One they didn't have the pug lugs for the rims, so either I have to track down some lugs or still maybe go with my 6 lug idea. Two, who ever had it before had some thing about making their own CDs. Weird people.

I'm not going to get a real chance to dive into it for a week or so, but for the hell of it I cranked it over just to see what would happen. It started but was grinding the fan into the radiator (oops I can fix that). But it ran, so that's one thing checked off.

• 3 weeks later...