Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The ABS light on my 96 Outback would come on while driving and at the same time the Blower fan would cut out (stop). When I shut down and started up again the light would go out and the fan would work.

This happened from time to time but know the ABS light stays on and the Blower Fan does not work at all.

Anyone have an idea on this?

Thanks

There is a common fuse to those areas along with the horn relay and some other things in the power panel under the hood. To see if this is on the right track check the horn and see if it works when this trouble occurs. If the horn doesn't work then check fuse #25 (15A) in the panel along with the connections to it. There may be a faulty connection there.

Also check alternator output and battery condition. I just had a 98 outback in the shop yesterday that lost all the gauges and the ABS light came on and other crazy stuff started happening and it was the alt. The car would still run and start