Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well I am in the midst of parting my 92 SS. On Saturday a guy came and grabbed some parts off the front end. It started on Saturday during the time he was here, but I did not start it when he left.

Went to pull more parts yesterday. When I was done went to start it to move it, and now it doesnt start.

Battery is fine. When I turn the key I hear a very slight sound (click?) inside the cab, but it doesnt sound like it is even close to trying to start. I also notice some noise coming from near the abs stuff in the psgr front engine compartment area when the key is turned as well.

Only thing I can guess is something got disconnected between Saturday and yesterday. I was trying to removed the shifter asembly to get to the carpet and wiring underneath, so I am wondering if it has to do with the automatic shifter. I believe I have the shifter back the way it is supposed to be, but it made no difference.

Any ideas/suggestions? I really need to move the car from where I have been storing it at work. My boss wants it gone (funny how a stripped vehicle isn't really desired).

Thanks, I appreciate it.

There may be a problem with the inhibit switch for the shifter. Since this is a parts car the simplist thing to do would be to make a remote starter switch. Mount a momentary type switch in the cab and tie one end of the switch wires to the small lead going to the starter solenoid. Tie the other end to the positive battery post. To be safe it would be good to install a in-line fuse on the end of the wire near the battery . Then turn the key to run and push the new starter switch. Voroom.

There may be a problem with the inhibit switch for the shifter. Since this is a parts car the simplist thing to do would be to make a remote starter switch. Mount a momentary type switch in the cab and tie one end of the switch wires to the small lead going to the starter solenoid. Tie the other end to the positive battery post. To be safe it would be good to install a in-line fuse on the end of the wire near the battery . Then turn the key to run and push the new starter switch. Voroom.

THanks, I will try that, and hopefully it gets me revving.