Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cedar Butte , Tillamook st. Forest

scoobyclimbs

they don't go together. wheeling on atv trails, gets areas shut down. not to mention tears up the trail for atv's. 400lbs vs. 2800lbs... and irritates those of us who drive atv's...

that's like if i took an atv down a dirtbike trail or a dirtbike down a wilderness hiking trail. it's illegal anyway you look at it. and we have been having enough trouble trying to keep trails open for 4x4's in the national forests...

they don't go together. wheeling on atv trails, gets areas shut down. not to mention tears up the trail for atv's. 400lbs vs. 2800lbs... and irritates those of us who drive atv's...

that's like if i took an atv down a dirtbike trail or a dirtbike down a wilderness hiking trail. it's illegal anyway you look at it. and we have been having enough trouble trying to keep trails open for 4x4's in the national forests...

Whoa! Hold on here..this was done on a legal Firebreak rd. ..it's not used much and abit overgrown. ...even the St. Forest map shows it as a rd. ! A cat cleared that trail for slash burning...note : clear cut area the photos are taken...

I stay off all Illegal trails...!

Wheelers and ATV folks can co-exist! The signage at Tillamook st. forest is very clear! It will show a jeep, quad, or dirt bike ...some are open to all uses ...example: P1010022n.jpg

Let's not put our foot in mouth before all the facts are present!

Just because a rd becomes narrow and overgrown and few have been on it doesn't mean it's a quad trail...but "quad sized" refering to tightness.

I think most of us here like the quad sized trails or " jeep double track with overgrowth . " here's an overgrown road..for ya as an example ...also in Tillamook st. forest...near Triangulation pt.

bushwacktrail.jpg

road turned to quad trail...
just going off of that, and everywhere is having problems with people running signed atv trails. from what was written it's easy to be seen as "we started wheeling on an atv trail." especially after the following post of another board member.

Agreed!

We should respect the type of trail that it is posted as before we all become pavement pounders by no choice. Not pointing fingers here, just agreeing.

that hog's back sign looks familiar... is that the one where the entrance is lined with big squarish stones so you can't even start on the trail unless you're narrow enough?

it looked really fun, but I was just joyriding with passengers and no recovery vehicle so I didn't go on anything I might get stuck on... (:

--Spiffy

that hog's back sign looks familiar... is that the one where the entrance is lined with big squarish stones so you can't even start on the trail unless you're narrow enough?

it looked really fun, but I was just joyriding with passengers and no recovery vehicle so I didn't go on anything I might get stuck on... (:

--Spiffy

You shouldn't have a problem...mind you I had no spotter (2 1/2yr son. strapped in) I got away with minor scratches ..ouch.jpg

There's a few whoop-dee doos and it gets tight in the trees...I had one guy on a dirt bike tell me halfway in midpoint near the view)"It's 76" maximum width!" I replied "How do ya think I got here ...? air dropped from a chopper!" . I chuckled..:grin:

Before I even attempted it I asked some hardcore jeeper/rangerover folks What's it like.. ? They said " you wouldn't have enough clearance.." Did I prove them wrong..! I also noticed their tires and body panel scraps on the bolders...:dead: I laughed to myself " I cleaned that with no spotter...lol!":lol: hogstight.jpg

I also ran into some really cool jeeper folks there they thought it was way kewl my outback could do it..! Once I finished I came back down to the start and helped them fix a busted brake line ...

The end is ugly (optional)...ya need a 4" lifted rig and mudterrains for it...lots of bolders and ugly ruts!

call me when ya wanna go...I'm game to go down again! 503-314-7535:headbang:

HEY!! give me a call too. 971-645-7523

I woulda called ya but it was like 1pm and I wanted to get going..I had my boy with me ..and he wanted to hike...

It was on a Saturday anyway..I know you work then.:dead:

Next time for sure!:headbang:

Whaddya doin this Sunday? I'm game...:burnout:

Whaddya doin this Sunday? I'm game...

d'oh! I really need to get off my lazy azz and fix the broken motor mount (or whatever it was I snapped) so I can get back on the trails...

granted, it's a stock '82 so it's not very tall yet, but I don't mind dragging it over obstacles...

I really should crank up the adjustable suspension one of these days...

--Spiffy

where in ptown do you live? i might be able to help. we can get that thing somewhat trail worthy. :lol::headbang:

d'oh! I really need to get off my lazy azz and fix the broken motor mount (or whatever it was I snapped) so I can get back on the trails...

granted, it's a stock '82 so it's not very tall yet, but I don't mind dragging it over obstacles...

I really should crank up the adjustable suspension one of these days...

--Spiffy

this sundays up in the air. i kinda need to do something on my brothers truck and i was going to possibly work on my mini but that all depends on how i feel, come sunday. :rolleyes:

let me think about, its something i really need to get done for my brother, plus my son won't be home until sunday night and i know he would be upset if i went without him. would you be up for it next sunday? maybe i can help get spiffy going during the week before then (if he wants) and he can go too.

btw, me and my son went up to adams last to weekend to summit but i didn't like the way the weather was so we went dayhiking saturday and sunday, i took a 3 day weekend to climb adams and was shot down do to weather. :mad:

I woulda called ya but it was like 1pm and I wanted to get going..I had my boy with me ..and he wanted to hike...

It was on a Saturday anyway..I know you work then.:dead:

Next time for sure!:headbang:

Whaddya doin this Sunday? I'm game...:burnout:

I on SE 105th at Holgate... by the big church thing... not too far from the U-Pull-It on foster actually...

tomorrow (saturday) I'm totally booked, but I think my sunday is open unless saturday runs over...

--Spiffy

thats not far from my brothers (111th)which i will be most likely at sunday, i grew up down on 73rd and holgate. saturdays i work.

does weekdays work out at all for you? i might be able to swing by there on sunday if i can get done at my brothers early enough.

I on SE 105th at Holgate... by the big church thing... not too far from the U-Pull-It on foster actually...

tomorrow (saturday) I'm totally booked, but I think my sunday is open unless saturday runs over...

--Spiffy

So is anyone up today and ready to go?

I have room in my outback if needed. call me 503-314-7535

Hey Chaz I coulda lead ya on the Adams climb ..I've done Adams from the South spur route and Adams glacier(roped, glacier travel). I know that mtn very well. I've skied alot ther too!

The Lunch counter or just below is the best place to camp & acclimatize.

Sunday ! Sunday! Sunday! Aug. 5th

Let's do this ....Early.. and meet at the Shell on hwy 6 @ Gales creek. say 9am. I've got a few trails in mind... anyone is welcome lifted or not there is plenty of stuff for everyone!

I suggest FRS radios or CB if you have one. I have both.

503-314-7535

Gregg