Ultimate Subaru Message Board

P.S. You keep calling the "arm chair scientists" on BITOG experts, and have yet to provide any proof that they are experts. It's all hearsay.

No, you do. I do business with some of the actual professionals who happen to post there occasionally, so I know who they are and what they know. If you ever make it to an engineering school, study hard and try to gain understanding along with knowledge. In the mean time, go read as many SAE- and ASTM-type papers as you can get your hands on and learn, for example, what it is that real research suggests causes "start-up" wear (hint: focus on what activates various chemistries). Until then, I think you'd better buy a bunch more towels. That foam around your mouth is going to start making a real mess... :)

In the mean time, go read an SAE paper or two and learn, for example, what it is that causes "start-up" wear (hint: focus on what activates various chemistries).
Part of it is the oil following gravity and draining off the parts, part of it is the oil being too thick to get into certain grooves while things are thick, part of it is the fact that the pressure relief valve is open on both the oil pump and the filter which means reduced flow and no filtration, part of it is the activation of certain additives which increasingly react and do their job as the temperature rises, and there are other parts but it's 3:00 AM and if I hurry up I can give the wife a good Rogerin'.

For every 100 posts on BITOG, you get maybe 3 that are worth anything. And by that I mean someone that thinks without spilling forth propaganda from both misinformation and the sponsors. The board is sponsored by Amsoil and Castrol. How often do you see Amsoil bashed on the site. Like maybe once a year? It's hard to be unbiased when the company you are talking about is paying the bills. That's why I don't trust much of anything on there without first doing research.