Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick question: location of seat heater harness... connection to seat

So I'm putting in the new heated seats, and I've hooked up the switches to the connectors in the console, but where are the connections to the seats themselves? 96 OBW, didn't have heated seats originally.

I know I already bragged about the seats in a previous post, but now I actually have a question, hence the new thread (sorry for crowding the forum).

Thank you for any and all help.

If the seat heater harness exists in your vehicle, and I suspect that it does, it'll either be under the center console, or under the carpet alongside the rocker panel at the driver, and/or the passenger doors. It may be either taped up or zip-tied to another harness to keep it from rattling. Previous cars that I've swapped power seats, etc., into have been in these locations, but I've not specifically done so in a Subie. Pull the door threshold mouldings and lift up the carpet to locate the harness along the rockers, if you don't find what you're looking for under the console. Good Luck!

found it. they were beneath the carpet under the center of the seat. The carpet has a T shaped slit cut in it under the seat. Just pulled on the wires in the slit, and the harness was on the other end.

Talk about plug and play! Second easiest upgrade I've done on the car.

Thanks for the reply.