Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The hose to nowhere

I have an carbaurated EA82 and coming out of the air box are a number of hoses, there are the vacuum lines that go to the PCV valve and then there are two hoses off to the side opposite the intake.

One goes it into the crannkcase somewhere and another that is about 6" in length that doesn't connect at the end.

Should it?

I have an carbaurated EA82 and coming out of the air box are a number of hoses, there are the vacuum lines that go to the PCV valve and then there are two hoses off to the side opposite the intake.

One goes it into the crannkcase somewhere and another that is about 6" in length that doesn't connect at the end.

Should it?

Are you talking little skinny Vac hose? or Larger 5/8" PCV hoses.

If it's the later, then yes, there should be largish hoses on the drivers side. One should T and go to both the PCV, and also the valve cover. There is another on that just hangs and is open at the end runs next to the one to the valve cover, but then just stops.

I found this link. obviously that hose doesn't belong anywhere

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31276

That thread is about an RX, Turbo, Nothing like you're Carb setup, Intake wise. And none of the links seems to work with any pictures?

What you are asking about is the tube that hangs down and just ends, behind the alternator. It's some part of the ASV/PCV/EGR setup. It's supposed to be there. There should even be a clip that holds it to the tube next to it that goes to the valvecover.