Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone use the SJR 6" Lift?

testy

I am in the process of lifting my '92 Loyale.

From what I have seen I would not be afraid of Scott's kit, though I am making my own lift, the only trouble spot you may have is the rear brake hoses. The stock hoses are 7" long, you can get up to 10 1/2 inch hoses in the same configuration, I *think* you might need 12 inch hoses, and all I could find were 14 inch hoses. Other than that it should be pretty smooth sailing, the bolts came out ok on my rusty east coast car.

Well I'll probably choose the SJR lift since Ozified isnt doing them right now according to their website. And the AA lifts have caused a few problems for people on the board. And I think SJR is based closest to Vancouver.

Would it be easier to install a D/R before or after lifting?

Out the bottom (swapping transmissions leaving the engine in place) or out the top (pulling the motor)?

Before if you are pulling the motor, after if you are going to drop the transmission out the bottom.

Oh...........and I found here, when you lift 6", you want to lengthen the steering bit 5 1/4", I'm still working out the shifter.

Im just debaiting wether to go 3 1/2" or 6". I plan to use 28" Super Swampers on 14"s. The 3 1/2" is definattly cheaper which would leave some cash for some other goodies.

Scott, on your webpage it says for the 3 1/2 you must modify the radius rods? But it says that is something you do if provided with the part? Which part is that? I need to start looking for a spare set. Also, do you have kits in stock or do you build them when you get orders?

Scott, on your webpage it says for the 3 1/2 you must modify the radius rods? But it says that is something you do if provided with the part? Which part is that? I need to start looking for a spare set. Also, do you have kits in stock or do you build them when you get orders?

heres a picture, but Ive found it works without the modification, kits are built as orders come in 2 week turn around, Scott

Radius_Bar.JPG

To give you an idea of height.

I have installed a 6" lift (6" blocks tied together)

I picked up 1" in the front struts (the blocks are 7") and about 2" in the back using 2 wheel drive struts.

I am up on 31" tires (215/85/16)

Opening the drivers door, from the lower edge of the rear of the door, I am 26" off of the ground.