Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Colorado Ppl! Wanna Help Me?

HEy as some of you know i just recently moved to beautiful CO and i am also recently getting back in to the subaru community. I am looking at buying eyesores hatch. For the right price. However i would want to do a EJ swap almost mediately. So here is where you guys can help. I need to know where the best subaru junk yards are in CO. I also would like to know if any of you would be interested in helping with the swap. I would provide meals for anyone who would be willing to help me with the hard stuff. Engine pull, wiring the ECU, bigger radiator,adapter plate and ETC. I am familiar with a wrench, but not familiar with custom swaps. I live downtown so i dont have a garage. If anyone would like to help with that, would be awesome! OK so CO guys show me how CO ppl roll... lol I promise it will be fun. Also if i do not buy the hatch i would still be looking to buy a subi. so let me know of any deals that you know of too!

I'm nursing a 90 Loyale right now out East of you (11 miles south of Bennett CO). I just finished a full gasket set job (removed/installed the engine). Having issues with my 1-3 lifters right now, and I think I forgot to install the smaller o-ring on the cam (it's still leaking under/into the belt cover). I gotta check the lifters anyway, so once it cools down from my test drive I'll dig into it (again).

I've never done a custom job so I don't think I'd be much help at all. Downtown eh? That makes a major project like yours quite challenging.

Yeah just a bit. I have done head-gaskets which is easy to do. but i think a swap will be a bit harder. I think i have a garage i can use. One of my former toyota friends... may be we'll see. lol but any help would be appreciated. I dont have any one out here other then myself.

Well I am in Colorado Springs area and there is a Suby Toyota wrecking yard in colorado springs but cant remember the name of it, I will have to drive by and look

as for self serve yards there are 2 in town but I am sure there are more up near Denver. Maybe someone can give a list of them. if you are gonna do a ej25 then you are looking at $$ to get the parts. best bet is to get a wrecked one and buy it for parts. Remember Colorado is the #1 state for suby's and the auto wreckers know this so they snap them up fast. I just got a 86 GL-10 Turbo "not running condition" on craigslist. the guy had like 20 diff people email him the day he put up the listing. I got it cuz I offered him and extra $25 if he contacted me first.... hence you can see the demand here... got it for $200.... turns out it had broken timing belt. short in the coil pick up wires. and someone had screwed with the wiring under the dash something aweful. its running now, just gotta work the other bugs out of it... like fixing the air suspension. which I have narrowed down to either a bad height sensor in the left front strut or an intermittant computer fault

Good junkyards in the Denver area are:

Colorado Auto & Parts - my fave

Pull N' Save - Kinda expensive, costs $1 to get in, usually has some good soobs though

Sidewinder - Near CCR

Western - kinda small

There's other I'm missing. Those almost have at least a few subarus.

I'm gonna try and hit up CAP tomorrow.