Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lately I have been noticing the door ajar warning light on the dash being lit. It goes out if I slightly tug on the driver side door, however it re-illuminates if I let go of the door.

The issue is not with the plunger/sitch located on the jamb. If I apply gentle pressure with my finger the warning light goes off.

So I guess the door is not lined up exactly right. Sometimes slamming it will shut off the light, sometimes not.

Any clues, hints on lining up the door right? I know you can really screw it up if you're not careful.

Thanks.

1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon L series

has the door ever been replaced, worked on or that area painted?

i'd have another look at the plunger as well. when you press the plunger with your finger, does it work the same way every single time without a hitch?

if it works fine every single time then see if the plunger is sticking, not coming fully out (pull my finger type of test), or maybe rubbed/broken off. or remove the screw and make sure the metal isn't all rusty (highly doubtful).

if it's a bit senile, check the electrical connector that pulls out with the switch.