Ultimate Subaru Message Board

90 leg pays the ultimate price for a grateful owner

well some lady failed to yield the right of way turning into oncoming traffic and a f250 hit a car into my leg wagon. i was buckled in so i am ok at the moment but im sure ill feel it in the morning. no worries i plan to see a doc tomorrow. what is a fair price to ask on my car meaning it is being totaled? it was in good shape. and 177000 miles. any input would be greatly appeciated. no worries i plan on the next car to be a subaru.

5,000 haha! For a legacy wagon. If she's going with the insurance, they will blue book it and you won't get a say in it. Or they'll have it looked at and see what condition it was in and then make an estimate or something gay. Insurance companies are *********************s and they try to screw you.

So screw them back as much as possible!

Last time I was in an accident I had to take my car to 3 different body shops for estimates. I picked out 3 that have a reputation for higher end prices. Insurance company averaged them out and considered the car totaled but they only gave up blue book for the condition of the car.

You didn't happen to leave your lap top or any thing else of great value in your car that disappeared on it's way to the impound yard did you?

90 Legacy don't have any great value

From KBB Excellent $1,905

Good $1,605

Fair $1,250

That is a L model decked out, no sun/moon roof

Good to hear your Subie protected you and that you are OK.

Would have been more money from insurance if you had been taken to the hospital by ambulance if any medical problems come up in the future.