Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which Injectors?!!

Okay, I'm just trying to find out which injectors are going to be the better choice for my EA82T. I plan on ordering some 280Z injectors, but I was just wondering whether I should order the Turbo Z injectors or the N/A Z injectors? Which would be the better choice considering that I have no aftermarket Fuel Management, other than the stock ECU and an adjustable FPR? If anyone can give me your opinion(other than the old "just do an EJ swap" comment), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Patrick

The Polls are now open!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26375&page=7

Check out this thread. I did a lot of testing with various injectors(not completly finished yet) As I can remember the 280zx turbo injectors flow about 255cc/min where the stock XT turbo injectors flow about 225cc/min. It is a decent increase in flow over stock especially over stock injectors. If you intercool the engine you can easily increase the injector size and boost for a good power increase. Also, you mentioned the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, they are good but only when you are getting the exact air in to run stoich. At idle you will run rich and at really high rpms you could run lean. I would suggest a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. It increases fuel pressure in sequence with air pressure. If you tune it correctly its awsome! I covered it a little in that thread. GL

Thank You very much for the info. It was very informative and gave me the insight that I need to make my decision. I guess I should have clarified about the FPR, it does increase fuel pressure with an increase in air pressure. I tested it awhile back when I first started increasing the fuel pressure on the stock injectors, and I remember watching the gauge go up as the engine revved(with the car in neutral and the hood open (obviously)). I do, however, have an old school fuel computer(Field SFC) that I plan on installing along with an EBC(Greddy Profec A) to replace my MBC. My car is intercooled too(one of the first things that I did to it), but I even have a new intercooler for it(flows a bit better + more surface area). The only things that I am really worried about right now are the injectors and also the exhaust, which will get upgraded from 2-1/4" crush bent piping(TBE) to all 2-1/2" diameter mandrel bent piping. So I think that the ol' Draggin' Wagon will be in for a nice power increase.

So when are you coming home?

More on topic, which manifold are you using these days? Spider or non?

Gravity: thanks for posting that thread. I went looking for it a while back, and couldn't find it.

PS - do you still have your flow/clean bench set up?

Gravity: thanks for posting that thread. I went looking for it a while back, and couldn't find it.

PS - do you still have your flow/clean bench set up?

In a few months but cant really say when I will be home. I do have the bench and I plan on upgrading it for better accuracy. I finally got my block back from the machinist so I am very close to reassembly. There is still a bunch of stuff to buy and I am not sure when it will be running. I am completly remodeling my kitchen when I get home so AGAIN funds will be low.

Sorry, (tangent) about the injectors the worst you can do is try them. If I am not mistaken the ones off of the 280zx turbo should mount directly to the EA82 motor. With the RRFPR you should be good for a nice little kick in the pants.\

GL

Scott

In a few months but cant really say when I will be home. I do have the bench and I plan on upgrading it for better accuracy. I finally got my block back from the machinist so I am very close to reassembly. There is still a bunch of stuff to buy and I am not sure when it will be running. I am completly remodeling my kitchen when I get home so AGAIN funds will be low.

Sorry, (tangent) about the injectors the worst you can do is try them. If I am not mistaken the ones off of the 280zx turbo should mount directly to the EA82 motor. With the RRFPR you should be good for a nice little kick in the pants.\

GL

Scott

Thanks for the update Scott.

We look forward to having you home again.

On topic: I have a set of 280Turbo injectors. They fit quite well in the spider manifold :D

I'm not sure who this was directed to, but Scott, make it home safe bud.

As for me, I'm not quite sure when. Projected date is APRIL 2009. But if things keep going the way they're going now(long story), I might be home alot sooner. I'm still running the non-spider manifold(unfortunately), but I am hopeful to stumble across one, well one of these days anyway. If not then I might be sending my non-spider off to get extrude honed, just depends on funds.

Patrick

I may be able to help you in your stumbling :D

Wha...........?:slobber: Have you found a subaru goldmine somewhere in Texas? The luckiest I have ever been was finding a carby DL in a local junkyard back in Wichita Falls. I thought about purchasing it as it was in better condition than my GL-10 at the time, and then just swap over all the stuff from the GL-10 chassis to the DL. But my inner "Tinkerer" wouldn't allow me to spend the money. I have been trying to find old subarus over here(to get parts from of course), but the best that I can come up with was a couple of 90 something SVXs. Both are in very good running condition, but the owners refuse to sell(one a Japanese national and the other an American).

Wha...........?:slobber: Have you found a subaru goldmine somewhere in Texas?

No gold mine. But I do tend to collect things that interest me. It just so happens that some of the crap I have collected may interest you as well.

I am looking forward to having both of our wagons completed.

No gold mine. But I do tend to collect things that interest me. It just so happens that some of the crap I have collected may interest you as well.

I am looking forward to having both of our wagons completed.

I am interested already!:lol: I don't know how long my car will take to be complete as I am still trying to get between 200-220 crank horsepower. I've kinda given up on the idea of getting 200 at the wheels. Even if I could get it, I just know that I'd end up popping a headgasket or breaking all the expensive stuff. All I can say is, Caleb, Thank You very much for all of your help and hospitality!!!