Ultimate Subaru Message Board

back into subie world

Uberoo

I found a 4x4 EA81 wagon.The front end is a bit crunched-the electric fan on the radiator is touching the drive belt..Body has some dents and dings and a fair bit of rust.It will be a "trailer queen".It doent have a title.Im not going to register it,title it,or even insure it.seeing as it will never be on the road..

Im going to toss the front fenders,then pull the front out.Then 4 55 Watt lights will be on top of a steel bumper.Then 4 100 Watts lights on the roof.finally two more 55 Watt utility lights pointing rearward.I will run 26" tractor tires on it.when/if the headgasket blows it will have a subie body,but will have a chevy 4.3 V6 then something for a transmission,and the chevy transfer case. T case mod and still keeping IFS/IRS.So if the headgasket blows I will put it a chevy S10 frame but graft in the subaru(or better indepentant suspension).

Where I am getting it/where it will be stored has about 40-50 chevies and fords.So lots of parts.So cheap parts.If I do go with the chevy frame it will be on 33's or bigger.

when I am done with it think "Road Warrior" rather than cute 4x4 station wagon.Sadly though have to wait until next saterday to even buy it/get started on it.It should be beastly...Unfortunatly I have never had luck with subaru engines...

o yea,A major plus is a shop with basiclly a fab shop is on the property where it will be stored.welder,torch,chop saw,air compressor,tons of tools.should be fun.I might actually have a relaible 4x4 now...I will try to get pics when I can start working on it..