Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help w/RX wiring. Power window circuit.

s'ko

I need some help with the power window circuit.

I removed the coil b/c I was getting the engine bay ready for the EJ swap. I moved it onto the street b/c I needed the garage for my wife's car and the windows do not go up.

I looked at the wiring diagrams and I noticed that the p/window circuit runs through the coil. Tried runing a hot wire to the coil connectors to get power to the circuit. popped a fuse. Tried to run a wire directly to the fuse box fuse #10. popped a fuse.

Tried hooking up the coil again and no go.

Fusible links are ok. all fuses replaced. What gives?

BW

power windows get power via its own relay and circuit breaker under the passenger seat..chk for power there 1st.. chk for batt power on the heaviest guage wire a white wire that enters a breaker, white in white out then into a the relay, looking at the relay connector, wire side, unplugged with the lock ontop:

_-_

|1 2|

|3 4|

---

this would be pin 2 in the above diagram. If there is approx 10-12 volts this is good, if not you have a bad circuit breaker or bad wire leading from breaker to relay.

with the ignition switch off chk for voltage on the other three pins, there should be none or very close to it.

plug relay back in and turn on ignition the relay should click, you should have batt voltage on every pin except pin 3. if this test fails, there is a break in your ignition wires to the relay; a red wire with a yellow stripe.

If this test passes you should have power distribulted to your windows..

if you still haven't found an issue now then it's time to take the door panels off and inspect the switches..I normally unplug the motors and put my meter across the terminals and operate the switches it should toggle between +10 to +12 and -10 to -12 volts as u toggle the switches. Replicate the operation for every motor using both the door switch and the master..If this test passes and your windows still ain't workin then you have motor problems. if this test fails then u have switch problems...

ok gotta go will continue later..