Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S reviews & size

So I wanted to get BFT AT's but they don't make them small enough to fit on my soon to be lifted 91 wagon.

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these Yokos?

I am putting on 98 outback struts & springs on my 91 wagon.

I know I can go 205/70 15 how much bigger can I go?

I did 205/75/15 on the same setup you are doing. That is about the tallest you will want to run. I ran a General Grabber AT2 which work nice and can be had for a little over $60 ea.

And also a couple tips in case you didn't know: you will need to use the 91 strut mounts and also it would be adviseable to smack in the wheel well behind where the lower spring seat would sit, I had problems with a banging noise from rubbage. You can get away without them but I would also strongly suggest the outback lateral control arms with brackets, otherwise it will pull the wheel forward and rub the lip on the lower rocker panel.

I did 205/75/15 on the same setup you are doing. That is about the tallest you will want to run. I ran a General Grabber AT2 which work nice and can be had for a little over $60 ea.

And also a couple tips in case you didn't know: you will need to use the 91 strut mounts and also it would be adviseable to smack in the wheel well behind where the lower spring seat would sit, I had problems with a banging noise from rubbage. You can get away without them but I would also strongly suggest the outback lateral control arms with brackets, otherwise it will pull the wheel forward and rub the lip on the lower rocker panel.

Thanks for the info. Can I avoid the rubbing issues & control arms if I just used the outback struts and reuse my 91 springs?