Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick easy question for any '97 Outback owner...

I'm replacing all the burned out HVAC and switch light bulbs in my '97 OBW and I need to know:

Do your heated seats have green ilumination lights that stay on so you can see the switch?

Is there an green ilumination light in your remote mirror/mirror defrost switch so you can see it also?

I've pulled these apart and can only find one bulb that lights up the orange "on" indicator. I'm wondering if these switches stay dark at night until you fumble around and activate them.

Thanks!!!

The heated switch is illuminated with the parking/head lights. There is supposed to be two bulbs in the switch, not one. One is on an extension.

The remote window switch is not.

The heated mirror illumnates when it is on with a little orange telltail.

nipper

The heated switch is illuminated with the parking/head lights. There is supposed to be two bulbs in the switch, not one. One is on an extension.

The remote window switch is not.

The heated mirror illumnates when it is on with a little orange telltail.

nipper

Thanks as always nipper!

I'll check the heated switch again.

I could only find one bulb when I opened up the mirror switch and apparently that is correct (so the switch is dark at night unless the orange mirror heater is on).