Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to the subaru world

Welcome aboard

EA71 1600 cc

would be my guess

but the guys here know MUCH more than I.

Same here.

But if you lift the hood there should be a sticker with the info on it. Also,engine has a raised lettering "EA71" up by the distributor.

If its not an EA71 1600 then someone did a swap with an '81.

If the starter is located at dead center top of the bellhousing it's the EA71 or first edition of the EA81 1800 which was a one year deal,pretty much,with the top starter. After that the EA81 has the starter located on the upper driver's side of the bellhousing.

Enjoy!

Same here.

But if you lift the hood there should be a sticker with the info on it. Also,engine has a raised lettering "EA71" up by the distributor.

If its not an EA71 1600 then someone did a swap with an '81.

If the starter is located at dead center top of the bellhousing it's the EA71 or first edition of the EA81 1800 which was a one year deal,pretty much,with the top starter. After that the EA81 has the starter located on the upper driver's side of the bellhousing.

Enjoy!

Just looked...on the engine it says 18-EA71WA2...so i guess it's a EA71.

Thanks and i am going to keep working on it.

Wow,really nice base to start from!!

That rear bumper....I most copy it!! Or find one,but that's unlikely. Not many of those left.

Enjoy,and yes,there's more parts out there than you'd think for this car. But of course,some items are scarce. No problem for brake/tune-up parts,etc.