Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another 2 points for Subaru!

RenaissanceMan

OKOKOK...

A dude with the most massive 3/4 ton dually diesel pickup I have ever seen with some ungodly 14-16 inch lift was trying out the ground clearance on some sideroads to the coast highway. Long story short he got himself high-centered badly.

I was drivng by headin back to work and saw this truck with its back half out of sight. I stopped to see if it was some sort of accident.

So guess who's got 2 thumbs up, a subaru brat, and pulled him out..

THIS GUY!!:headbang:

I didnt think I had the weight to do it, but we thought it was worth a try. (this part of the coast is far away from any civilization) Made the clutch stinky and spun the tires quite a bit, but we decided to give a good tug with a foot long running start. It jerked the truck back enough to get his 6 tires to finally do the job. Wish I took a picture of it, but I didnt want to mock the guy. All I have to say is that I have about $1800 into my brat, and this truck looked like a good 50K worth

Good job! :headbang:

I've been running into stuiations like this more and more myself.

Except they usually have a buddy to pull them out. So I just watch.

Then once they are out of the way I go and drive right past them. (over whatever got them stuck)

Great to hear the "no ways" and see them pointing at me as I continue down the trail. :lol:

All about picking the right line and using our size to our advantage.

And in your case not letting the subies small size stop you from moving close to 10,000 lbs of truck. (I base that off of a freinds F-250 diesel 4x4, Weighs in at just under 8,000 lbs)