Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Its bout that time...

I'm pretty sure that after cleaning the valve and the connectors, i think my IAC is shot. Does anybody have an extra one for an xt6 they'd be willing to part with?:( . Resources here are far and scarce around here. I already reset the ecu and the first day of driving it was fine. the next day i went out and fired it up and cel light came on and car died. i checked codes again and sure enough code 24. I should have money in the next couple days. Is it a good idea to put in a used IAC?? I think so long as it is still functioning properly it would work for the time.

btw... thnx for everybodys help with input on my mustang. It now runs (a lil rough around the edges, but hey it moves:banana: )

i should have an IAC or three, if i can remember to check once i'm home.

R U HOME YET?!?!?! Just kidding. Just a little anxious. Something new happened today as well while trying to drive the 6 around. I threw a code 21. CTS.... This puzzles me because my wire connectors are very clean and so is the sensor.... I erased the code and it hasnt shown up again today.

i'm leaving to go out of town. i'll PM you instructions and contact information. i have one in hand, if you pay by early tomorrow i'll drop it in the mail. otherwise i won't be back til early next week.

the code 21 is your coolant temp sensor as you know. if the connector and contacts are good....it could be corrossion down the length of the wire. there's no way to check outside of pulling the ECU plugs and the CTS plugs and checking resistance. but at this early stage that probably won't show much.

a new CTS may help, but i've yet to see one actually fail. the auto parts stores sell them new for $19 or so.

I almost messed up and started a new thread... Looks like I overlooked some connections. My battery is having a bad time holding a charge. Even when its in the mid 40's its still having a hard time cranking over.

PICT0030.jpg

Here's the culprit. A shattered alternator plug that is corroded beyond recognition. I'm surprised it ever charged the battery at all.

I took the time and did a temporary fix. Butt connectors with heat shrink. Its doing wonders already.