Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HIGH beams wont stay on????

I have high beams in my gl10 that wont stay on like the lever is pulled but doesn't click or anything is just goes forward and back causing the high beams to flash. Is this normal? I know in some of the Chevy's my dad owned a burned bulb would do this. One of my low beams is out. Is this the source?

If you pull the steering wheel you will see there is a plastic spring-loaded switch that is the problem. The only time I had this problem I sprayed this switch with WD40, clicked in about 20 times and reassembled everything. That was about 8 years ago and the switch is still working just fine.

I have high beams in my gl10 that wont stay on like the lever is pulled but doesn't click or anything is just goes forward and back causing the high beams to flash. Is this normal? I know in some of the Chevy's my dad owned a burned bulb would do this. One of my low beams is out. Is this the source?

Pulling the lever will flash the high beams. If you push it toward the dash, it should stay in high beam.

I wondered why it did that. You guys F*ing rock. I am such a newb but I loves my subie. replaced the headlight bulbs today. And yes is it is forward thinking. I traded a decent shaped 91 camaro with a fast 305 ( if thats possible) for the gl10 and a 74 chevy pickup. Kid blew the motor I built lol.