Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all,

I've been looking at this forum for a long time, made a few posts.

I have a 1998 Outback Sport with 148,000 miles and a salvage title. (front end collision, replaced front bumper, fenders, radiator). I got a newer car for cheap from my parents and now I need to sell the sube. What is a fair price?

It is in good condition. Newer clutch from March 2005 (20,000 miles ago). The sube has never left me stranded and I have routine maintenance on it.

Anyone ultimate members interested? I am fairly flexible with the sell date. You can buy it now (preferably) or within the next 2 months.

Thanks for the advice!

The salvage title is the kicker. Was the body work done by a shop? Is the body like new now or just better.

The low miles are good, the condition of the car will determine the value.

If the body work was not done by a shop, but the car is in otherwise good condition, 1500-3000 would be a reasonable range.

If the Body work is like new as well as the rest of the car you may get up to 4000.

Take $2000 off the KBB for the salvage title.

You have to figure out what it is worth to you, and what the market is in your area. Post it on the board when you know what you want for it.

Thanks for the reply!

The body work was done by the dealer I got it from. They buy cars from insurance companies and fix them up and sell them. It looks good, the paint matches. The only issue is chips of paint coming off the hood, probably from highway driving. It suggests that it isn't top quality paint? The car looks good unless you look closely and scrutinize, then you notice things fit together well but not perfect. No structural damage.

I'd be willing to let it go for a fair price to a forum member. I drive it everyday and have taken it on several long road trips. It has never left me stranded. I have pictures if anyone is interested.