Ultimate Subaru Message Board

custom axles

Hey Everybody This is Jerry,i got my custom axles today. They are the Ea81 hatch back axles with the 25 splines just right for a turbo 5 speed tranny. I live in Selah Washington and cvaxles.com are in Florida they cost 105 a each without core exchange. The total cost to my door was 234.00 not bad for 2 new axles. The part # is oocvo-oooo custom axle i will be odering at least 4 more of these puppies. Thanks Jerry

• Like 1

Hi JWX This is Jerry, i have a 86 hatch back with the EA81 engine and i am installing a 86 RX 5 speed dual range tranny in it. Yes i am useing my 5 speed kit and the drive line has already been lenghten. I am building a super cruiser to go back and forth to work i put 500 miles a week. I will let everybody know how it works out. Thanks Jerry

• 10 years later...

For the standard OEM axles I suggest the World Pack Brand. I have heard many good things about them. I got one earlier this year, Have yet to try my axle though. Cause I had a boot blow out on me and the bearings were a bit worn, in the mean time I went ahead and rebooted the old one while waiting for the World Pack to come in, it has yet to fail me for the past 3 K miles anyway.

Edited by Dinky26
  • Like 1