Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea-81 headlight malfunction

It does come on though when the high beam is hit. Wow fast responce, you must be at work goofing off.

I work graveyard..So this is my afternoon.

Dual filiment bulbs will have one filiment come on with just the low beam..then the second comes on with the high..Just sounds like the low beam filiment broke...try swapping in a new bulb

I work graveyard..So this is my afternoon.

Dual filiment bulbs will have one filiment come on with just the low beam..then the second comes on with the high..Just sounds like the low beam filiment broke...try swapping in a new bulb

Thanks, Buckette. Now I gotta go to work, The sun is definitly up in Az.

Swing by and pick you one up from the parts store. Have fun though, every EA81's headlights I have had to replace have rusty brackets and take forever to get them out.

PB Blaster is your friend:grin:...but you are in AZ so it may not be as bad as what us rust coast people have to deal with

PB Blaster is your friend:grin:...but you are in AZ so it may not be as bad as what us rust coast people have to deal with

I start every day with a shot of pb, it loosens the joints and puts a bounce in my step.