Ultimate Subaru Message Board

THIS is what he's criticizing...with good reason. No offense to anyone if this is a pic of your car. From an aesthetic standpoint, the paint scheme makes no sense at all. Like I said--I think whoever designed the two-tone thought it looked cool for a foreign market, but it doesn't fly too well here.

905013571_daf6a40ad2_b.jpg

I bet for 09 you see the same car w/ a totally different pant scheme. I also bet some dealers will have trouble getting some of these 08s off the lot...

Also, I understand that the hood scoops should be for turbo cars, but they should have put a couple of the little hood vents/louvers on this. This Outback Sport looks much more urban than outback...

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18061&cat=1085

I think, it just depends on the color. I love the mine with two-tone black.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18061&cat=1085

I think, it just depends on the color. I love the mine with two-tone black.

Nice:slobber::slobber::slobber: The Black OBS and the Silver OBS look gorgous..I love your front bumper protector..thinking on getting that and the rear one ..along with the sports grill for mine.. ktsubau..you and me are the only 2 on this board with a true love for these cars. Question 4 U ..have you noticed any excessive paint chipping in front of the rear wheels? Its a problem those with the darker colors are having. I have alittle on my SWP but not bad at all.

Nice:slobber::slobber::slobber: The Black OBS and the Silver OBS look gorgous..I love your front bumper protector..thinking on getting that and the rear one ..along with the sports grill for mine.. ktsubau..you and me are the only 2 on this board with a true love for these cars. Question 4 U ..have you noticed any excessive paint chipping in front of the rear wheels? Its a problem those with the darker colors are having. I have alittle on my SWP but not bad at all.

Well, paint chipping. yes. I drive to work, Dallas TX Intl Airport area - too many trucks throwing stones and dirts on me!! Other thing bothers me is bird poop, so I carry a water bottle and paper towel so that I can remove them.

My dealership offered me a film called Modern Armor. Its a film that covers the hood or bumper and it looks like same as the car without hood bra from 30ft away. Dealership also offered me a protection service "Ding Monkey", and it gives paint touch-ups and free wind shield repairs. I had used it once and they did a wonderful job. I am thinking about to use it again ( there are some limitations to the repair) to touch up the tippings ( I've been noticed two or three spots).

Buying a Brand New Car, you know scratches etc bugs us nuts, but if we don't want any of those, we need to keep it in a garage.

Btw, when I saw other new Imprezas, like Newport Blue Pearl ( the one they show on catalogue), I wasn't attracted at all. The other color I recommend is Red. I also saw a black STI and it looked cool. New Models, definately depends on the color, I wouldn't like it much if I had the one with Newport Blue Pearl.

and 2.5 SOHC is much better than I thought. with negative ion beads that I posted on the other thread.... (you can see it on my photo albums)

I so agree on the color thing..I dont like the newport Blue or the Topaz baby poop gold.. Love the Black Silver ( suprised me cause I am not a silver person) and ...of course ..the Pearly White.

I saw an Aspen white STi and just :slobber::slobber:.

I am very impressed the the 2.5 actually..peppy..and decent on gas ..I got 10,500 miles on mine already and I get 28 mpg average mixed.

I am very impressed the the 2.5 actually..peppy..and decent on gas ..I got 10,500 miles on mine already and I get 28 mpg average mixed.

wow, mine also has 10,600 miles or so, I drive about 70 miles per day.

Gas, I get 27mpg average with AC on mixed driving. The best I've seen was 31.5mpg/avg on the meter. I think having mpg meter is a good idea because that makes me want to see the better mileage = safe driving, I guess.