Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Legacy P0325 and P0106 related?

My CEL has been on for a while and the fuel economy has gone down the tubes. I pulled codes P0325 and P0106 out which I believe are knock sensor and MAP sensor respectively. Is it possible that these 2 codes are related? If the knock sensor fails I understand that the ECU will retard the timing to protect the engine from detonation, Is it possible that this can affect the MAP sensor at all? Also, I just want to confirm the location of the MAP sensor it's on the manifold pass. side has 3 wires identified with ABC right?

the MAP sensor is located on the passangers side shock tower ( at least it is on my 96' Legacy).....i dont believe they would be related (but lord knows electricity does some weird stuff)......did both of the codes set at the same time? I also believe that the knock sensors on this year/model are prone to cracking on the side that contacts the block......

Yes, it seems knock sensor failure is common on Subarus of this vintage and I have one on order. As for the MAP sensor, what does yours look like? I have looked at everything on the pass side strut tower but not really sure what Im looking for. The item that I thought was the MAP sensor is bolted directly to the manifold is kind of cylindrical in shape with a grey adjustable cap on top.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5699&d=1208455598

it's a "rusty" one but it's a pic - pax side shock tower - the car was supposed to be a 95

Thank you, I do recall seeing that part and I really appreciate your effort to find and post the picture. I live in Ontario and the old Legacy has to pass an emmisions test by June or she's off the road. I initially ruled out that part because I thought I read that the MAP sensor had 3 wires.

Going to replace knock sensor this week and see if the light comes back on.