Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Duel Port/Weber Carb Installed

Hi guys, Just wanted to stop in and let you guys know that I got the new Duel Port Heads and Fuel injected manifold that Scott machined to accept the Weber 2bbl Carb, all bolted up to my EA82 motor. Very clean install. Of course this is going back in my Trike so there are no Smog crap on the manifold. Its been stripped clean and is now just a bare manifold with a Carb on it.

I just finished putting it all back together and its just waiting to be put back in the Trike. I expect to get that done tomorrow. Pretty quice and easy job to pull the VW motor out again and hook this one back up. Should be done before noon.

My only concern is that this motor might need a little more cooling than it did as a single port, but I really can't see how it would be much more. But I'll deal with that if it becomes an issue. Hope to have a full report tomorrow.

Bob

Hi guys, Just wanted to stop in and let you guys know that I got the new Duel Port Heads and Fuel injected manifold that Scott machined to accept the Weber 2bbl Carb, all bolted up to my EA82 motor. Very clean install. Of course this is going back in my Trike so there are no Smog crap on the manifold. Its been stripped clean and is now just a bare manifold with a Carb on it.

I just finished putting it all back together and its just waiting to be put back in the Trike. I expect to get that done tomorrow. Pretty quice and easy job to pull the VW motor out again and hook this one back up. Should be done before noon.

My only concern is that this motor might need a little more cooling than it did as a single port, but I really can't see how it would be much more. But I'll deal with that if it becomes an issue. Hope to have a full report tomorrow.

Bob

ficarb.jpg

Damn that looks mean!! Gotta get us another pic when its mounted in the trike :)

Well it was pretty mean as a single port, so I do expect a little better getty up from it with this new setup on it. I would expect another 10 ponies out of it this way at least, maybe more.

I hope to post more photos tomorrow of it in the Trike.

Bob:banana:

Well it was pretty mean as a single port, so I do expect a little better getty up from it with this new setup on it. I would expect another 10 ponies out of it this way at least, maybe more.

I hope to post more photos tomorrow of it in the Trike.

Bob:banana:

Another view.

duelportcarb.jpg

Another view.

duelportcarb.jpg

Well, I ran into a few little gliches in trying to make this setup work ok. The manifold turned out to be slightly warped. I suspect it warped due to the heat when Scott welded the adapter in place to accept the Carb. I am trying to use thicker rubber type gaskets to see if that will compensate for the warping, but haven't got to test it yet. I also have been dealing with coolant leakage from a couple places.

At this point it doesn't look to promising as the manifold is warped pretty bad and I don't know how reliable it might be even if the heavy gaskets might seem to work at first, I'm concerned about after awhile after it heats up real good that it might start leaking into the cylinders. I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone have any ideas? That will be my main issue to deal with, the other little leaks will get taken care of without a problem. I thought maybe a machine shop might be able to remove enough metal to get them flat again, but I'm afraid the warping is to great for that to work very well. But maybe that along with thick gaskets might work.

Bob.:-\