Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Baja Bug type modification for the Subaru

Scott in Bellingham

• 1 month later...
Im thinkin a 1 piece rear section that atatches at the red line, so chop off the back of the car, silicone and bolt the new section on , a couple guys at this for a week could be making parts off the finished mold

SJR_Chop_cutline.JPG

heres my car I hacked 16" off , now Im ready to go fiberglass , anyone in my area that wants to learn how to made a mold and do fiberglass work I could use your help building this thing,

DSC02489.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I just read this and it is funny because this is kind of the direction that I was going. I already cut off the back of my wagon. I took my radiator and mounted it where my spare was with a custom radiatior filler neck that is pointed up as the radiator is laying on its back. I cut all of the front sheet metal away and built a tube front end with a modified version of the stock hood hanging from stock hood hinges. To bad I cant post pix yet or I would, I think you guys would love it. I posted a video of it in the new guy section, but that was before I moved the radiator.