Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buckin rx

So my exuast fell off lately right at the flange. so i took it off and welded it up and then cut off the non effective muffler off and then but stright pipe in place with a crome tip. so then after i get it fixed when i Almost floor it around 4and a half on the tach. it bucks super hard. so is it the way i welded the exaust or is it a fuel issue or any ideas

im pretty stumped. :confused:

88 rx turbo

Just to clarify something.

1) Did you ever drive it like that before the exhaust work? rev it to 4 1/2?

2) from what I am reading the exhaust you mean the muffler at the axle back right?

3) Is there a restriction or something reducing the flow of exhaust?

another way of testing this is to take the car and remove the axle back and rev it that way. Don't do it for too long b/c the neighbors might get pissed and call the cops.

What does it do when you rev it w/o moving. if it is a fuel/exhaust problem then something should happen while reving at a stand still.

If nothing happens or changes while reving at a stand still, it might not be fuel and exhaust. It might be drive train related. Clutch, axle DOJs

Good lucks.

bw

it broke right under the trans at the flange for the down pipe to the cat. it ran real smooth before the exuast broke. would a leak cause this? the only thing i can think of that would be making it do this is the cat. thats the only thing thats in the exaust from the down pipe to the Tip i put on