Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wrote here about the Forester 06 that stalled about a mile from home after I put gas in it that was a few months old. Thanks for all the replies. I drained the gas tank, there is a drain plug on the right half of the tank, in the other half the gas stays trapped, I guess. I couldn’t find a way to drain the left half. In the FSM and in the Haynes both indicate that both have a drain. After draining, I put in 7 gallons with good gas, drained it, and another 8 gallons. I then opened the gas line under the hood before the pressure regulator, hanged the hose in a container and cranked it. The flow seems to be good, I got almost a gallon out in about a minute. I tested the last portion of that gas on a kubota generator and it worked fine, even though that generator is quite moody.

Put the hose back together, cranked, still no start. No CEL either.

Could it be that there was something so bad in the old gas that even with my dilution process, there is still enough “toxic” stuff in there that it refuses to start?

The me is puzzled.

Thanks

I wrote here about the Forester 06 that stalled about a mile from home after I put gas in it that was a few months old.
For reference:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=90245

[...]Could it be that there was something so bad in the old gas that even with my dilution process, there is still enough “toxic” stuff in there that it refuses to start?
It's not likely. If it's not even giving an occasional cough, it's possible that all the injectors are clogged. However, it's more likely that there's no spark, and the use of "old" gas may have just been coincidental. There are a few things that can cause loss of ignition and other problems leading to your car's symptoms, but since in your last thread you indicated the car is still under warranty, why not let the dealer take care of it?

If you really want to avoid the dealer, we can offer further troubleshooting suggestions.