Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mechanic Referral Queens/LI area

I am not as young nor do I have the privilege to have the time on my hands any longer to do basic stuff (i.e change oil, tune-ups and etc.), I am also tired of having to explain to my current mechanic that "...this is a Subaru you are suppose to do it this way..."

So I was wondering if any members can direct me to a good local Soobie mechanic in my area. I live in NYC (Northern part of Queens) and would prefer a mechanic either in Queens or Nassau County, Long Island. Thanks.

hmm. this is intersting. i was just looking for a mechanic the other day.. i found an incredibly helpful and honest mechanic in oakland california... i found him on yelp.com too bad not that many people use it around here.

btw.. the mechanic i found in oakland is named xiao. he works at xyz motors. i think hes on 30th street. right by the mercedes dealership... just google the shop name..

if you live near oakland.. he is truly the most incredibly helpful and honest mechanic ive ever met. he explains everything and his prices are great.

I have one in baldwin NY right by the LIRR railroad station if your interested. Blu is there now as we speak getting his annual checkup and new sneakers.

nipper

Baldwin is a little out of my way, but thanks, I am going to give the NPR website a try.