Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Going crazy looking for a windshield- 78 Brat

My 1978 Brat needs a windshield... Looking all over Denver I can't find one. None of the big name shops can find one. Any help?

-Steve in Denver

These guys found one and installed it for me. It was in the Boston area though.

http://www.diamondautoglass.com/locations/Auto-Glass-Locations-in-Colorado-CO.aspx

Good luck!

Mary

Is it a new windshield? Do you have a gasket for the rear window? I have a sliding rear window I want to install and my gasket now is very brittle and crumbling.

I have one here if you want to attempt shipping. $120 for the glass. $60 for a new,freshly made gasket,plus shipping.

Is it a new windshield? No,I'm not a glass dealer.Not sure how many new pieces you're going to find in an anverage guy's stuff but this one,or more than one would work just fine. I don't save windshields that have sand blast or chips. Clean,clear,ready to use,will pass any state inspection.

Do you have a gasket for the rear window? No,sorry. Again,I know we have a very low mileage Gen I Brat slider complete with a VERY decent gasket,but not new. The Brat had 41k on it and sat in shade for the last 10+ years.

I have a sliding rear window I want to install and my gasket now is very brittle and crumbling.

Send a message if interested. If not,no problem and good luck.

Moosens is pretty much THE Gen1 guy here. He "knows his stuff"... and he has a lot of stuff to back it up. He is the go-to guy if you need something odd. And he has been around the Board awhile; check his post-count.

Hey moosens, when do your state become "International"? I don't recall needing a passport when I came out to see you.

PPG has one in Cedar Rapids. Wholesale is about $65, but shipping would be about $115. Just find a PPG dealer near you and they can have it shipped in. Almost forgot. Part Number is FW288BTN. The back window gasket is a dealer only part. Apparently there are still a few floating around.

PPG has one in Cedar Rapids. Wholesale is about $65, but shipping would be about $115. Just find a PPG dealer near you and they can have it shipped in. Almost forgot. Part Number is FW288BTN. The back window gasket is a dealer only part. Apparently there are still a few floating around.

if there's $65 windshields going around you'd be moronic to pass on them.

You can't touch a windshield up here for under $125 and that's for something going out of stock.

Have to wonder if the price stays at $65 after one location gets it shipped from another.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one through A BRA (a PPG dealer here in Denver) almost 2 weeks ago. They said they could get one and that they would call me when it was in. I'm going to call them Monday and check on the status.....

just checking up on this. Did you get your windshield?