Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1987 subaru RX EA82t hoses

I currently bout a 1987 Subaru RX with the EA82t motor that was taken apart and im having trouble finding where all hoses go. had the motor pulled out of the car due to a blown head gasket and i jus replaced everygasket i took off. got the motor back in the car and just about ready to go. Jus one prob, needs to have timing set and im clueless on how the hoses run on the motor. Got a repair manual on the car but i dont understand the diagram it show. Does anyone have any close up motor pics of how all the hoses run? mainly the ones goin to the valve covers and this air intake tube.

any help would b greatly apreciated.

thanks.

if i had the time. or better notice, i could try to come out to look at it. or if you could get it towed out to me. ive rebuilt a couple ea82t's but i dont always have the time to travel across the state, even though its only a little over an hour each way.

ifyou could get the car to me, or at least closer than severn, i might be able to help.

also, if you can get some pics of what you have going on, i might be able to help out that way as well.

hit me up sometime, i am sure we can figure it out.

which hoses? there is a little hose between the intake and the top of the block. the water hose on the bottom of the turbo goes to the metal pipe off the passenger side head. the hose on the top of the turbo connects to the intake under the plenum.

then your 2 heater core hoses.

for the fuel lines, the skinniest hose is the tank vent and will ultimately terminate at the purge control solenoid and the charcoal can. it originates from the framerail below the master cylinder and connects next to the fuel lines. The fuel pressure regulator is AFTER the injectors, so if you found the rtegulator this is the fuel return line. The fuel supply line will be the largest hose in the middle coming from the filter.

the other hose on the bottom of the turbo with the foil on it connects to the oil return drain pipe on the back of the head

for the pcv system, the hose from the passenger valve cover will connect to the intake boot. the driver side head will tee in with a hose that goes to the pcv itself, and with the crancase vent on the top of the motor near the bellhousing.

the aav (aux air valve) on the top of the thermostat connects to the bottom of the intake plenum