Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'82 DL Brat dash question

How do I remove the vents that run across the dash in my '82 DL Brat? I can't see any screws holding them in place and I'm afraid I'll break the 26 year old plastic if I lever on it too hard. I had mice nesting in the vent tubes at some point and now whenever I switch on the fan all the bedding material blows up against the inside of the vent grille and blocks the airflow

LOL. Thanks Seahag, I've been pickin at it with a pair of hemostats but I can see all of it and I really want a quick fix!

I'll have at it again over the weekend. Fortunately the mouse is gone now so there shouldn't be any new stuff showing up anytime soon!

hi,

The vents are screwed to the dash from the forward side, have to remove the dash to get at the screws. try removing the vent tubes from under the dash, they just slip off and could help. the vent closest to the instruments is made into the instrument surround, the others across are one piece I believe, and put on before the dash goes in the car. I have taken several apart but these are a misery to do, mine are falling apart but i just don't want to go there.

How do I remove the vents that run across the dash in my '82 DL Brat? I can't see any screws holding them in place and I'm afraid I'll break the 26 year old plastic if I lever on it too hard. I had mice nesting in the vent tubes at some point and now whenever I switch on the fan all the bedding material blows up against the inside of the vent grille and blocks the airflow