Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2003 Subaru Baja - Battery Electrical Help!

First, I apologize if this is a repeat message, but my wife and I had a vacation scheduled today.

Last night my battery died in the cold. I tried to jump it, but it was dead. I replaced the battery this morning, and I now have power to the seats, security system remote entry, but the dashboard seems dead. No clock radio, no radio, no dome light. I do have power to the seats, power locks, and the remote key entry works to lock, unlock, and set the panic alarm.

Any ideas? I briefly checked over the fuses to see if they were blown or not, didn't see anything - but I could have missed something.

Is it possible the security system has locked something out? Did I fry something during the jump?

-Zen

I definitely did not hook it up backwards. I was working on a very old battery that I've had to jump 8 or so times, so I have the procedure down pretty good. Not sure what made it go, perhaps I'll find out when I replace it.