Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No House For the Suby

Yeah, don't stop looking if it's not right. You'll be happier with a garage and you can find a place with one.

I've done time in a place with no garage and it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. I had to sneak into the underground parking lot at the grocery store to change my oil, lame!!

(DC has a law that says you can't work on your car on the street and my place was across the street from a police station.)

Kinda hard to pass up with what the house actually is. No contract is signed, or an offer is even made. But the wife and i really like it. Just the no garage thing sucks. Ive lived without one for a few years now and to be honest i really dont want to do that again but in this market, at my pricerange. It seems like the houses with garages have major problems inside the house. This house is remodled but no garage. I guess pick and choose your battles. After all guys lets face it. When it comes down to it your gonna spend more time in the house than in the garage. Atleast i will i have little kids.

Ben I would pass. Not much resale value in a house with no garage. this one no room to add a garage, menas low low resale value. I bet you can find one with a garage, and just as nice, for same price. people are unloading houses fast these days. make a list with the requirements of the house, including price level max, and tell the realtor to find something that fits that requirment list.

Think ahead on resale value too. No one, wants a house with no garage. they will just go buy one with a garage, which i hope you decide to do. good luck though. If you need more advice I can chat with you. I am on my second house already i am not a lot older yet.

Edited by bheinen74

have you checked craigslist.? or just drive in the neighborhood you want to live, and pick up the pamphlets in the boxes on the for sale signs?

you will find one, that is priced right and looks right. for sale by owner is good, and if you can do it without a agent on your side, you can ask the selling agent to act as buying agent mutually. if you buy it without realtor, then you can actaully get them cheaper. the selling agent by law can only get half the normal percentage he gets, and there is no buying agent fee for you to have to shell out. that savings can go to closing costs, or the downpayment

I live in a house with no garage and no possibility for one. I will tell you from personal experience, it sucks like no other! It's so bad that it is actually depressing! Knowing that as long as I live in this house, I'll never have a garage is painful! At the very least, buy a house that doesn't have a garage, but has the room to add one later. If you like to do more with a car than wash, wax and top off the wiper fluid, get a garage or a place with potential for one!