Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all.

It has been a while since I last posted. This is mainly due to the fact that I traded in my 1996 Legacy Outback for a 2008 Justy here in Sweden. I am having two issues with my Justy that I hoped to get some feedback on.

1) Has anyone, especially those of you in Europe, seen Subaru the horizontal roof rails for this vehicle? I am planning on mounting a roof luggage box on the car for a small family vacation, but there is no photo of the rails (or mounts) on the website. Are they universal mounts or something done just for a Justy.

2) This car has the 1.0 - 3 cylinder engine in it. One would think that it would be rather fuel efficient... Instead, I have been averaging 6.4 liters per 100 km, which really stinks! The driving is mostly on county roads and freeways, which seems to be where the fuel consumption is the worst... There are now 10,000 km on the vehicle. Is this the best I am going to do with it. The sticker claimed 5.0 liters/100 km.

Thanks!

Sweden

2008 Justy S

• 2 weeks later...

The justy is actually a copy from Daihatsu the Sirion 2. The engine is a 998cc 3 cylinder made by daihatsu as well. (just note subaru and daihatsu are both toyota companies). Further on this engine is used in the toyota aygo (citroen C1 and peugeot 107). The engine is good for such a small engine, at least the toyota and copies are getting good milage and i have seen them second hand for sale with milages above 150k km so they do run fine. They will never work propern on propane (are sold in UK) because valves overheat.

The roofrack i haven't seen any, also not for the daihatsu, just check at a showroom model if it has a grove or edge where a roofrack might fight in.

good luck

• 3 years later...

Could be the gasoline quality, too...they may spike that Euro fuel with a lot of ethanol. Sometimes they add water to the mix, too...because ethanol is hydrophilic and allows a smooth mixture.

Oil importers probably do it anyway...just to screw consumers.

Try using additives...I buy in bulk and for $1.58 per fill up it works very well.

I use both 'Startron' and a Lucas product.

--Damien

i have a 91 fun justy 2dr i cut down a 98 out back roof rack and mounted it to the roof using the factory outback mounting plates. I also glued all the seams with winshield urathane and monofoamed all the spaces in the roof thiss made the roof very rigid and strong. I carry a 300lb boat on the roof no problem. Late model justy ????? have never heard of sutch a thing they stoped maken them here in 95 mine has a 1.2 turbo engine makes 120 hp