Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carfax and Opinions please: 2000 Impreza RS

Hi all,

Since selling my 96 OB last summer, I have been pining for another Subaru (believe it or not, a Toyota corolla just isn't the same!).

Anyway, I have found a 2000 Impreza RS 5 spd MT, a little sportier than an OB, but with less than 100k and a good price. Anything to look out for with this car and year??

Also, anyone care to run a carfax for me? VIN = JF1GM6753YG402319

thanks!

Badjer

Just make sure it doesn't need headgaskets and I heard the wheel bearings are notorious but have no first hand knowledge of it, just hearsay. What color are you looking at getting? I'm sure you know how rare they are, it took me 6 months of daily searching to find me one that met my criteria. Here is mine:

100_1808.jpg

100_1809.jpg

Wow, thats a pretty sweet car-- identical to the one I am looking at!! I stumbled on it... 71k and under $5000 - too bad the wife says its ugly. it says 22 records on carfax though.. makes me wonder. It might be worth the fight and the sleeping on the couch for a while though! Thanks for your thoughts!

badjer

Wow, thats a pretty sweet car-- identical to the one I am looking at!! I stumbled on it... 71k and under $5000 - too bad the wife says its ugly. it says 22 records on carfax though.. makes me wonder. It might be worth the fight and the sleeping on the couch for a while though! Thanks for your thoughts!

badjer

Try to get some pics of it, and post 'em up! And find out what you can find out about it, as far as what it needs or has had done to it etc.