Ultimate Subaru Message Board

plug wires 2000 Outback 2.5

Been looking all over this afternoon, can't find recommendations on spark plug wires for my 2000 outback wagon 2.5. Advance lists an OEM replacement, as well as some pricier Magstar, NGK, Autolite, and BWD. I'm leaning towards the Autolite Professional series, cuz maybe it's better than OEM but not as pricey as some.

Any experience with these brands; or any others for that matter?

car has been running bad and showing an ignition code on #2 cylinder.

thanks!

Use NGK or ACTUAL OEM wires.

Lot's of places call a part *OEM* simply because it is a similar "type" of wire.

Definately don't use autolite, or Beldin "maxpower"(a common Autozone brand)

For you're code, very carefully check the wire connections for the Fuel injectors. Make sure there is no exposed wire or missing insulation. Try to use zipties or something to seperate the Plug wires from the injector wire harness.

Never "confirmed" this to be a problem, but it has "solved" the mystery code for me on 2, 2000 Outbacks now.

NGK brand wires are actually better than the OEM I think.

The OEMs you get from the dealer now for some reason are just a hair short. You have to leave them out of a few clips to make em reach.

The NGK sets are perfect, but actually a bit more than the dealer here charges me for OEM.

Change your plugs out with NGK v-power or platnium while you're at it.

Removing the washer fluid resevior and the intake snorkus makes plug change alot easier.